Estimators are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for project bids and proposals and will also be involved in the day-to-day activities of construction.
- Quantify project components assigned by the leading estimator
- Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions
- Work with the estimating team bidding the project to build the estimate, then price assigned items in Hard Dollar
- Communicating and collaborating with the designers through the Design Build process to optimize design.
- Review plans and specifications
- Provide accurate take-off
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications utilizing Primavera P6
- Work with the team to close the estimate
- Contact subcontractors, suppliers and specialty services for quotes
- Analyzing and entering quotes into Hard Dollar.
- Coordinating with subcontractors about prospective work
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Additional working knowledge preferred but not required: Terra Model, Bluebeam, Auto Cad, Microstation, Hard Dollar, HCSS (Heavy Bid), and Primavera P6
- Flexibility with relocation for assigned projects
- 10+ years of experience as an Estimator working in all aspects of large heavy/highway construction projects (Structures, Bridges, Underground, Earthwork and Concrete Paving)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Field operations experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with design build projects a plus
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.