Bryant-Durham was founded in 1960 and incorporated in 1961. Headquartered in western Durham, NC, Bryant-Durham faithfully services multiple states in the Southeast. An ever-growing company, Bryant-Durham has expanded its operations with offices in Fayetteville, Jacksonville and Greensboro North Carolina.
Today, Bryant-Durham is one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southeastern U.S. and is among the fifty largest privately held companies in the state of North Carolina. Bryant-Durham has grown into a company of highly-trained, experienced, and knowledgeable employees who provide an enormous array of products and services to their customers. As a team of people who love their work, Bryant-Durham knows that “success” means excellent service, every time.
Estimator Job Description:
Scope of Work:
Work will consist of determining the electrical cost for renovation, additions, and new construction work. Values will range from small to $25,000,000 for public, private, and government projects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Responsible for reviewing all drawings, specifications and changes throughout the bid period and develop detailed pricing for all areas within our scope of work as defined by the project.
- Confirm that all drawings and specs are complete per the list of documents.
- Review the bid form and all alternates, unit prices and breakout prices required to ensure a complete and proper estimate.
- Complete project information list for quick reference of job specific conditions by others including estimators, chief estimator, project managers and supervisors.
- Take-off from plans and specs all material and complete direct entry into the company’s estimating software.
- Compile complete bill of materials for all quotables and then notify at least three qualified vendors / subcontractors of the pricing needs and requirements.
- Notate on plans each item as it is taken off.
- Determine prices and labor rates for all non-standard items.
- Upon take-off completion review all work for accuracy and completeness. Correct and problems.
- Prepare entire estimate with all alternates / breakouts for review by supervisor.
- Complete preliminary bid summary including all special job considerations such as over-time, safety, direct job expenses, equipment, price escalations, etc., to provide a complete job cost.
- Prepare a spreadsheet for all quoted items expected to be received on bid day.
- Prepare a bidders list and communicate with all GC/CM firms to both identify us as a bidder and to confirm any special needs with each and identify contact information for bid day.
- At bid time, receive all vendor / subcontractor quotes and confirm accuracy and completion. Record all quotes for evaluation.
- Assist management with all activities on bid day to assure a complete bid submission prior to the deadline.
- 3-5 years of estimating experience
- Has two years or more of previous electrical field experience (Commercial / Industrial / Institutional)
- Prior experience with electronic estimating software is required
- Accubid Enterprise is a plus
- On-Screen Take-off experience is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- High School graduate, holder of GED or equivalent training
- Current driver’s license and have own transportation to the office. Clean driving record required for use of company vehicle if required to attend meetings / site visits
- Drug testing is required
Bryant-Durham offers its eligible full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401K with company match
- Service awards given years for service