Erosion and Sediment Foreman
Position: Full Time
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Branch Civil is searching for a dependable, hard-working Erosion and Sediment (E&S) Foreman to join our well-established, growing company. The E&S Foreman is responsible for all aspects of erosion control and storm water permit management. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and as such must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. The E&S Foreman must be aware of materials expenses, permits and other regulations, as well as employee safety.
- Ensures crew maintains professional relations with Owner, Engineer, and other members of the team.
- Maintain a quality control program to control erosion, prevent sedimentation and follow provisions/conditions of permits.
- Prior to commencing work activities, develops and executes an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent for his/her area of responsibility and determines the means and methods necessary (including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Incorporate erosion control into the work in a timely manner and stabilize disturbed areas with mulch/seed or vegetative cover on a section-by-section basis.
- Use flocculants approved by state regulatory authorities where appropriate and where required for turbidity and sedimentation reduction.
- Ensure proper installation and maintenance of temporary erosion and sediment control devices.
- Remove temporary erosion or sediment control devices when they are no longer necessary as agreed upon by the Engineer.
- Assures the proper storage of materials and rented equipment, including regular checks of job for material and equipment inventory.
- Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment under their control, including appropriate applications for the respective equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Miss Utility regulations.
- Preplans and schedules craft activities on a daily basis as required.
- Knowledge of inspection requirements and material or equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and immediately reports any requests for extra work.
- Prepares or assists the Superintendent in the preparation of daily reports, work unit quantity reports, equipment reports, and receipt of materials.
- Assures quality control and contract compliance of E&S under his/her supervision. Corrects or reports to the superintendent any suspicions of inaccurate layout.
- Is in direct charge of safety and accident control for the E&S under his/her supervision.
- Participates in safety meetings and the implementation of effective safety programs and communication of Miss Utility policy.
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at job sites.
- Assists in conducting post-incident investigations.
- Identifies and recommends workers for potential career growth opportunities.
- Responsible for training and development of workers.
- Uses Next day planner to ensure everything needed to perform the work task is available.
- Attends End-Of-Shift Meetings and is prepared to discuss coordination & operation issues.
- Regularly conducts effective Morning Huddles.
- Participates in Weekly Team Meeting and helps develop Weekly Work Plan.
- Promotes work environment that fosters good employee morale with emphasis on mutual respect.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Erosion & Sediment control certification required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with stream restoration, storm water pond/sediment basin construction, and Erosion Control Measures installation.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards, specifications, codes, regulations and laws.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must meet Branch Group Fleet Policy requirements and maintain “Approved Driver” status.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Ability to use good judgement with the ability to be an effective decision maker.
- Must be able to get job done with minimal supervision, on time, within budget or better.
- Does not permit shortcuts, or substandard work.
This position will potentially supervise 5 or more employees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.