Responsible for implementing and leading improvement initiatives, that help drive development and growth through “out of the box” engineering and maintenance solutions.
Problem Solving: Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc. Ensure the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal repetitive issues. Maintenance & Engineering Systems: Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance & engineering systems associated with High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Preventive/ Predictive Maintenance, TPM, etc.). Proper scheduling of work to fit maximum amount completed with minimal plant downtime. These systems will provide maximum plant capacity, while minimizing cost. The result is reduced unscheduled downtime creating higher department/plant efficiency. Technical Expertise: Provides technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown reoccurrences and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF). Spare Parts: Manages Kanban, 5S and Visual Factory efforts for spare parts inventories for all new equipment, existing equipment, and modifications. Facilities: • Provides leadership to Facility Maintenance team by establishing realistic, specific plans/goals for the team members. Negotiates with contractors, suppliers and partners with the management team to insure that best workmanship, cost savings and facility services are provided to the facility. Metrics: Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the organization (equipment reliability, parts inventory, projects timeliness etc.). Team Development: Performing necessary coaching, training, development, and evaluation of team members to foster a high performance. Capital Project Management: Manage and schedule project elements to ensure minimal interruption to plant operations. Deliver finished projects as designed, on time and on budget. Safety: Promote plant Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving solutions.
- Demonstrated electrical & mechanical aptitude with hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading and managing 24/7 multi shift operating teams.
- 7+ years of experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- Experience with Capital Project Management
- Experience with Facilities Management
- Experience in leading and motivating a team of employees in a highly automated environment.
- Strong Technical aptitude (Robotics, PLC, CAD, etc.)
- Strong people management and communication skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated problems solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, multi tasked person
- Management/control of parts inventories and service work
- TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) knowledge & experience