For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
A Dump Truck Driver is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described below.
- Valid Class “A” CDL with a driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Familiarity with DOT regulations
- Drives dump truck to transport materials to/from construction projects
- Knowledge with chaining and binding of equipment being transported. (DOT)
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle before operation
- Responsible for daily maintenance of vehicle to remain in proper and safe working order
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- Ability to operate and load equipment efficiently
- Drive tri-axel truck and trailer
- Demonstrates safety 1st
- Identifies and turns in near miss reports
- Speaks up when sees unsafe act
- Driver/Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Dump Truck Driver. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to five (5) years of industry related experience is required for this position.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Dump Truck Driver to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Dump Truck Driver encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites or equipment shop such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.