- Are you an empathetic & optimistic customer service representative that treats every customer like a VIP?
- Is "Enthusiasm" your middle name?
- How would you like to be valued and compensated generously for doing your job well?
Join us at Morris-Jenkins. Our company culture is unmatched (we know how to have fun!). See for yourself by viewing the Morris-Jenkins YouTube Channel. Help us help our customers feel comfortable in their own homes!
Morris-Jenkins is the market leader for residential HVAC service in Charlotte, NC. We are proud of our past and even more excited about our future. Morris-Jenkins Co. continues a 57 year trend of growth and stability.
Our current job opening is for the Day Shift, which is a rotational schedule with 4 days per week on a 10 hour shift, Monday to Friday, including 1 full or partial weekend per month. Staggered start times range from 7:00am to 9:30am.
Primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service by utilizing knowledge of our company’s products and programs. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for resolving a variety of customer inquiries such as booking service appointments, scheduling maintenances, updating financial information, also resolving customer concerns by determining the problem and ensuring resolution.
- Provide customer satisfaction through effective & timely one-call resolution for a variety of customer inquiries, building customer loyalty
- Execute various sales initiatives & educate customers on value/benefit, increasing revenue
- Utilize resource documentation for reference and the provided automated & training tools to deliver exceptional customer service
- Meet department productivity and quality standards
- Demonstrate positive & cooperative behavior with customers and coworkers
- Must partner with Dispatch, (Priority Advantage) Maintenance Agreements Department, Technicians and Installers to provide customers with service, as outlined in department policies and procedures, while meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations
- Must address customer issues and ensure effective, long-term problem resolution
- Provide timely & accurate information to incoming customer orders, order status, and product knowledge requests
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, e-mail and/or chat
- Process customer orders/changes according to established policies and procedures using tracking software
- Provide timely feedback to company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Must be “clocked in” and ready to start receiving calls, as scheduled
- Complete training requirements to stay updated on existing/new systems & products, to develop skills, and to maintain alignment with company values and organizational requirements
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor/manager
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year of experience in customer service
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks at once
- Demonstrated competency in Windows-based PC environment, keyboarding proficiency, internet savvy, and use of automated systems
- Alignment & commitment to company values (honesty, integrity, fairness, and respect)
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, or varied shifts, as assigned, with reliable, predictable, and consistent attendance
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year of experience in a call center environment
- Prior sales experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer service
Morris-Jenkins is proud to offer:
- Competitive pay ($15/hr + uncapped commission + frequent OT available)
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) awarded
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long & short term disability insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Advancement & training opportunity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May require substantial movement (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner, including use of a keyboard for typing and/or mouse for pointing.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level is usually moderate. May require extensive use of a PC to access data and customer information. Requires wearing of a headset for communication with customers on the phone. Maintain confidentiality with customer information.