THIS POSITION MAY START OUT AS PART TIME WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME FULL TIME. Salary will be based upon experience.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for leading the initiative, execution, and growth of the principle responsibilities listed below. He/She will report directly to the Office or General Manager.
- Customer Service– Demonstrate, train, and grow customer service to exceed customer’s expectations using the “always dependable” attitude, urgent response, and appropriate feedback. To develop customer loyalty for a long term relationship. To go above and beyond in the event of a dissatisfied customer, with respect toward the additional principles below.
- Administrative and Clerical Duties - Must be proficient in basic understanding of what drives a successful business. Particularly record keeping, financial awareness and cost savings, revenue generation, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- General Utility Workmanship – Able to help keep order, aiding other employees in customer account management (i.e. billing, service tickets, collections, etc), customer service, scheduling service and delivery tickets, and managing inventory.
- General computer Skills – Basic knowledge (or proficient in learning) of customer account software. Responsibility for entering sales, billing, and account information for customers at points of sale.
- Sales Skills – Willingness to promote the growth of our petroleum, service, & motor oil products through exceptional customer communication, advertising, and inventory knowledge. Handle inside sales inquiries and generate business through sales calls.
- Safety – Responsible for upholding and complying with industry and company standards in regards to safety requirements, cleanliness, and product handling.
Outcomes to Seek:
- Main responsibility is to answer phones with delightful attitude. First line customer service to handle calls all the way through.
- Excel in exemplary customer service skills, with positive attitude.
- Proper phone etiquette – managing short hold times, great communication to customers, taking messages, listening skills, and ensuring follow-up.
- Help coordinate and schedule service and delivery requests
- Solicit business through customer calls.
- Good time management skills.
- Help take and coordinate customer requests and/or delivery tickets.
- Maintain a professional business appearance while at work.
- Keep a positive attitude through teamwork and great communication.
- Operate office machines, such as computers, copiers, scanners, fax, and voicemail.
- Properly learn & understand specific software needs of the company: Customer database software, Microsoft office suite (word, excel, outlook, etc).
- Bill customers, post customer payments, and ensure accuracy there-of.
- Ensure customers are followed up on after service/delivery to ensure great service.
- To have good record keeping skills using our customer database.
- Help create and maintain a healthy marketing & advertising campaign.
- To help sell/promote company products and services
- To aid in the directions of your supervisor even if outside of main job description. (i.e. make sales calls, fill propane tank, help with administrative/financial record keeping, etc)
- Ensure fuel tickets (and inventory measures) are properly documented and billed. (Checking in driver(s)).
- Enter accurate account information including phone, email, address, tax, billing, tank, service contract information and product information is entered and maintained.
- To help sort mail and disperse accordingly.
- Help coordinate the ordering of supplies.
- Responsible for opening and closing of POS and cash drawer and ensure accuracy each day.
- Help maintain operational calendar for each department (i.e. mailing invoices, service plans, scheduling service appointments)
- First line customer service to walk-in customers.
- To adhere to the company handbook.
- Be willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.