WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas. We are currently looking for individuals with experience in water/sewer collection, distribution and rehabilitation as well as aviation construction observation experience.
Resident Project Representatives serve as Construction Observers and are responsible for a variety of activities including, and not limited to, monitoring progress and standards of construction projects according to the designs and specifications, serving as liaison with contractors and owners, and performing inspections and tests in accordance with contract documents.
This is a contract position, hired on a per project basis. This position is not eligible for benefits.
- Review the progress schedule, schedule of shop drawing submittals and schedule of values prepared by Contractor and consult with project manager concerning acceptability.
- Attend meetings, such as pre-construction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences and other project-related meetings, and prepare and circulate copies of minutes thereof.
- Conduct on-site inspections in determining if work is in accordance with contract documents; report to project manager defective, faulty or unsatisfactory work; and accompany visiting inspectors representing public or other agencies with jurisdiction.
- Report to project manager when clarifications and interpretations of the contract documents are needed; transmit to Contractor clarifications and interpretations as issued by project manager; and consider and evaluate Contractor's suggestions for modifications to drawings or specifications.
- Maintain all records at job site such as correspondence, drawings, samples, contract documents, change orders, progress reports as well as logs for Contractor’s hours, weather condition, job site visitors, and contract information for Contractors, Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide reports on progress, tests, inspections and job site accidents.
- Review applications for payment with Contractor for compliance with the established procedure for their submission and forward with recommendations to project manager.
- During the course of the work, verify that certificates, maintenance and operation manuals and other data required to be assembled and furnished by Contractor are applicable to the items actually installed and in accordance with the contract documents, and have this material delivered to project manager for review and forwarding to Owner prior to final payment for the work.
- Conduct final inspection in the company of project manager, Owner and Contractor and prepare a final list of items to be completed or corrected. Observe that all items on final list have been completed or corrected and make recommendations to project manager concerning acceptance.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Experience in construction
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Dependable mode of transportation.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Fluorescent reflective safety vest for use near any right of way or in the woods.
- Work boots which are above the ankle.
- Hard Hat for use on construction sites.
- Any additional safety equipment required by the client.
- Workers Compensation Insurance, $500,000/each accident, $500,000/disease each employee and $500,000/disease – policy limit or greater amount if required by the state(s) in which the work is to be performed
- Automobile Liability Insurance for all owned, hired and non-owned automobiles in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence. Coverage shall be primary and non-contributory with any coverage maintained by the CONSULTANT.
RESIDENT PROJECT REPRESENTATIVE shall provide certificates of insurance to ENGINEER prior to commencement of work. Such certificates shall show certificate holder as: W.K. Dickson & Co., Inc., 616 Colonnade Drive, Charlotte, NC 28205. Providing and maintaining adequate insurance as defined above is a material obligation of the subcontractor and is of the essence in this contract.