Phillips & Jordan is a 65 year old, privately-held corporation, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our Core Values – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our business. We work in private and public sectors, employ over 1,000 individuals, and maintain a large heavy equipment fleet. We are licensed in 50 states and have performed complex work with aggressive schedules in over 40 states. Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, a proven solution.
Concrete Finishers are responsible for smoothing and finishing poured concrete using a variety of hand and power tools. They will also align and set forms, inspecting completed work to ensure proper installation, direct and supervise laborers, pour materials, and a variety of other tasks associated with creating a completed product within the desired scope of expectations.
- Form, pour and finish concrete;
- Work relating to the layout, site preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete on a variety of construction projects;
- Operate motorized equipment including power tools, saws, hammers, nails, and bolts;
- Operate a screen to level freshly placed concrete according to grade and depth specification;
- Smooth concrete surface using either a hand trowel, long handled "bull float" powered float, and/or riding trowel machines;
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking, as well as layout and saw cut joints with an early entry saw
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces;
- Monitor the wind, heat, and cold as it affects the curing of concrete;
- Set and place forms to proper elevations and location, prepare the base and install proper reinforcing.
- Minimum of 12 months of formwork / concrete construction finishing work experience preferred.
- Must work efficiently and safely to meet production goals and timelines.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, stoop, lift overhead and walk/move within various terrains.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.