WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Project Engineers are responsible for a variety of activities including, and not limited to, performing standard and complex design tasks, requiring the operation and application of computer aided design equipment such as a plotter, and associated peripheral equipment, performing standard, complex, and non-routine design tasks, requiring extensive skill and knowledge of CAD applications, supporting project managers in regards to utilizing CAD, mathematical analysis / calculations, and general project organization.
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness.
- Utilize appropriate software applications.
- Work from sketches, notes and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings. Complete finished product with limited direction.
- Understand and follow company standard Civil 3D procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Prepare and assist with developing project computations, estimates, surveys, statistics, and designs. Take minutes at client meetings.
- Prepare and perform pipeline routing analyses, thrust restraint calculations, flow calculation, review of pipeline conditions, encroachment maps, and erosion/sedimentation control calculations and layout.
- Deliver projects to clients.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in practice area from accredited university.
- Professional license, EI required, PE required
- Minimum four (4) to eight (8)years of civil engineering experience
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Proficient use of Civil 3D.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Experience with the design of municipal water resources systems preferred.
- Experience in Construction Administration or Construction Observation a plus.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Company Benefits: With Wellness Premium Credits, Employees are eligible for free medical and dental coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Coaching/Mentoring Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.