Phillips & Jordan is a 65 year old, privately-held corporation, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our Core Values – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our business. We work in private and public sectors, employ over 1,000 individuals, and maintain a large heavy equipment fleet. We are licensed in 50 states and have performed complex work with aggressive schedules in over 40 states. Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, a proven solution.
The Carpenter’s prime responsibility is to support P&J’s construction operations by performing the following activities.
- Cut, fit, and assemble lumber and plywood, and other materials to be used as concrete forms;
- Set forms for concrete construction; erect scaffolding; or do finishing work;
- Measure accurately and mark precise cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment;
- Verify trueness of structure, set grade, check for plumb, etc.;
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, or power tools;
- Read specifications, blueprints, sketches, building plans, and form drawings to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level;
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools;
- Select and quantify lumber and other required materials;
- Coordinate with other crew members to perform tasks at hand;
- Fabricate and install concrete reinforcing bars;
- Place and finish concrete;
- Maintain a clean, organized work area;
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of materials, labor and equipment relating to the work area;
- Must work efficiently and safely to meet production goals and timelines.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, stoop, lift overhead and walk/move within various terrains.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.