~~Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. The Benefits Specialist assists in surveys of like industries to determine Stock’s competitive position in employee benefits. Develops, recommends, and installs approved, new, or modified plans and associate benefit policies, and supervises administration of existing plans and oversees the operations of the benefits section of the HRIS.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all administration of benefits through utilizing HRIS and HR Policy. This includes medical, dental, life, voluntary life, vision, STD/LTD, 401(k), LOA, PTO and additional benefits
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with all federal and state laws, regulations and plans, including COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA and ADA
- Handles all enrollment initiatives for annual open enrollment and 401K
- Resolves associate concerns, in a timely manner, by thoroughly researching and investigating the benefit issue(s)
- Works with Benefits Manager to ensure successful associate benefits program by acting as a liaison for employees, Field HR, and insurance carrier vendors for inquiries regarding employee benefits enrollment information
- Collaborates with vendors carriers for issues regarding eligibility and claims
- Responsible for Leave of Absences and 401K program to ensure proper administration
- Conducts HRIS audits and partner with IT to ensure proper data transfer from company to the vendor
- Communicates changes or corrections to HRIS, validating configuration and test results
- Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develops specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market
- Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and communicating new plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and coordinates annual open enrollment of employees in optional plans. Conducts employee benefit seminars for personnel. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels executive leadership and employees on existing benefits.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Is an ‘out of the box’ creative thinker with a passion to engage and serve all levels of employees
- Champions the Total Rewards Program and other Health/Wellness Program roll-outs
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to associate information and complies with HIPPA regulations
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner
- Participates in conference calls and other meetings as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years related benefits, employee benefit administration or Human Resources experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and various HRIS applications (previous Ceridian or similar HRIS System experience preferred)
- Ability to work independently to effectively plan and set priorities to accomplish required tasks
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, instruction guides, and training materials
- Ability to read and decipher benefits-related documents, contracts and plan descriptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels in the organization
- Ability to represent Stock effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in dealing with matters of significance for the company
~~The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: