Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Assist the superintendent in overseeing subcontractor employees in all trades, i.e., electrical, piping, structural steel, rebar, and duct work. TYPICAL DUTIES: Coordinate trade workers assigned to area of responsibility, and help to ensure that construction complies with drawings and specifications. Assist in planning work schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, documentation, and equipment requirements. Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project rules, procedures, schedules, and safety requirements are maintained. Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference's, scheduling difficulties and assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required. Perform additional assignments, including physical labor requirements, per supervisors direction.
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Must pass criminal background check and Pre-employment drug screening.
- Commercial construction experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity is a plus.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, scheduling, safety regulations, architectural/structural drawings and other documents preferred.
- Site work and concrete work knowledge and experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to perform various hands-on labor duties as needed, as well as assistance with supervision required.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
MB Haynes Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs