Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Wilmington, North Carolina is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to work on a local job-site. This role will assist the Superintendent by managing designated field activities associated with the project and supervision of designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees. Assists the project team to ensure the project is built on time, within budget, and in accordance with Balfour Beatty Construction’s policies & procedures and the focus on our vision and purpose through Service, Talent and Choices. 30 hours of OSHA training once every four years, or maintain STS certification.
- Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis to support and assist the Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
Understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
Ensure all materials are properly tested according to specifications, and ensure all test results are properly recorded.
Directs and coordinates subcontractor and Balfour Beatty Construction field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
Assists the Superintendent in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, sustainability, quality control and other performance standards.
Collaborates with Superintendent to ensure project site and company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, sustainability, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
Attends weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor representatives and understand the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished.
Assists Superintendent in ensuring the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six years or more of construction field experience.
- Two years or more of direct supervisory experience related to subcontractor management.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Ability to read plans and specs.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.