The Pike Company believes that our people are our most important asset. We’re committed to creating a dynamic and challenging work environment where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and succeed. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement encourages each employee to achieve his or her goals – both in terms of customer satisfaction and career growth. Our combination of top talent, resources and support allows our employees to produce great results. If you would like to be a part of an organization with a strong set of values, then The Pike Company Lis the place for you.
Responsible for assisting Project Managers on projects as directed. Accountable for managing client expectations, schedule, budget, cash projection and quality performance to ensure work is completed on time, within budget and that satisfactory compliance of our company standard policy and procedures are met.
- Accountable for reviewing submittals to ensure they are in compliance.
- Responsible for reviewing all materials being bought for the project to ensure conformity and appropriateness with the contract and forwards them to the architect and/or engineer for approval.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Requests for Information are logged, sent and responded to by the architect or engineer. Ensures responses are disseminated to all appropriate parties.
- Accountable for closing out a project by ensuring a complete package of information including all materials and products used, changes made and warranties and guarantees are compiled for the owner, architect and Company.
- Informed of the master schedule to ensure all work to be done and when materials and equipment are needed.
- Responsible to support project needs during the warranty period to ensure problems are taken care of.
- Responsible for producing a detailed project schedule that includes all work to be done and when materials and equipment are needed. Ensure a needed joint-decision making/agreement with all applicable personnel is achieved.
- Accountable for producing a buyout schedule that indicates when contracts and purchase orders need to be made to ensure they are available when needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire project stays on schedule by tracking status of work and ensuring milestones are met. Communicates any schedule impacts to the owner as they occur.
- Accountable for overseeing issues that arise throughout the project by developing and maintaining a log.
- Responsible to know all project documents, including the contracts with the owner and subcontractors.
- Accountable for managing the Change Order process (PCO Log) by establishing a price for changes, reviewing the order for accuracy and fairness and deciding if it is a cost to the owner or to the Company. Ensures change orders are processed timely and immediately communicates the change to the owner obtaining owner’s approval.
- Responsible for managing the project cash flow through the billing system and actively pursues collection.
- Accountable for thoroughly understanding the financial status of the project at any given time and explains budget conditions to the owner. Responsible for reporting projections and status monthly to the executive team. Is responsible for minimizing budget impact to owner and/or Company when appropriate and feasible.
- Responsible for managing any customizations required in a project and the contingent budget, educating the owner on decisions the owner needs to make to maintain that amount of money. Tracks all changes from the original contracts and checks them against the contingent budget.
- Accountable for the purchasing of subcontractors, materials and vendors (“buyout” process). This includes writing Scopes of Work, requesting and reviewing bids from subcontractors and vendors, selecting subcontractors and vendors, writing contracts and ensuring subcontractors have appropriate levels of insurance and are in compliance with any wage or employment programs.
- Responsible for producing a detailed breakdown of the cost of the project (Schedule of Values), as well as a cash flow projection for the entire project based on data obtained from the estimates/budget prepared by Pre-Construction Services and submits to the CFO for review and approval.
- Accountable for leading required job meetings with the Superintendent, subcontractors and vendors to discuss project issues pertaining to safety, status, planning, coordination needs, changes, submittals, and requests.
- Responsible for daily communication in regard to the project with the project team, subcontractors, owners, and/or architects and keeps records of communication of a significant nature.
- Accountable for conducting biweekly meetings with owner(s) and architect(s) to review progress, submittals, RFI’s, the schedule, budget, design and other issues, and negotiates monthly payment by the owner for work completed. Ensures minutes are recorded and distributed.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution in related field; or a minimum of 7 years' equivalent experience in the construction industry, required.
- Worked on project(s) between $3M and $15M successfully from start to finish; or equivalent service work, up to $3M work programs, required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, required.
- Construction software usage, Contract Documents and Job Documentation, required.
- Understanding of Cost/Estimating, preferred.
- Critical path method (CPM) project scheduling, preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Travel Incentive